My Photo
Name:
Location: Norway

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Quiet in the House in the Woods

But my life is really not quiet. I have been super busy for a couple of weeks now. Seems like I'll never learn the no-word. I get new challenges all the time, and always find them so exciting I can't resist. Like tonight. We've had the annual meeting in the county female group of my political party. I have been the leader here for one year, but because of a full scedule with family life, work, studies and alot more I decided I had to say no to more years. And even said no.......all the way to the voting started. Ha, I said yes of course, and here I am with more meetings in front of me.

At work I have also been busy, and on top of that I am moving office. So papers and files for I don't know how long have not been safe lately. I have gone through almost all, and when the move (one floor up) is finished tomorrow afternoon I will have a clean and tidy office. I will know where everything is, I will have a completely new plan for my days at work, and everything will of course go smooth. Ha :-) .......Well, though the new office is smaller than the one I have, and the view is really not as good as I am used to, the move will be a positive one in the end......when all the moving work is done.

At home I try not to be busy. I try to remember my orchids and to forget my dust. And I can live happily with that. So instead of spending this night vacuuming and cleaning, I sat down with dh and two dds (dear daughters) to watch our favorite Norwegian football team (soccer) Rosenborg play football while eating loads of ice cream. And earlier this week, in between meetings and other work, I have found time to visit several bookstores. Monday morning the annual Norwegian booksale, Mammutsalget, started. I went there Monday night like so many other Norwegians did, and bought bags filled with "goodies". So next week, which is winter vacation in Norway will be a perfect reading week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home