My Photo
Name:
Location: Norway

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Moving into my library

Our oldest son moved two weeks ago. When we moved into our House in the Woods three years ago, we gave him the favorite room of the house, knowing that he would be the first one to move out :-) And already when we bought the house I knew that this room was the perfect MY ROOM.

After ds moved it took us some time to clean out the MY ROOM, but now it is there, perfect for me and my books. My House in the Woods is filled with books in every room, and since I move them around all the time, read a little here and there, they never cover dust, and therefore are never a problem - though dustcovered books are of course never a problem either. So books in every room it will still be in my House in the Woods.

The more perfect it is to have a huge "new" room to fill with both old and new books. Children's books, books for my current Master study, favorite fiction - for the moment Henry James and A.S.Byatt, travel litterature, garden books and not to forget my opera books......oh, my new room will be filled up in no time.

Yesterday there came two boxes from amazon in the mail. One was with Author, author by Doyle (about Henry James) , and Beloved Boys, Henry James' letters to Henderik Anderson. Both books ordered after I read The Master with an online bookgroup in January. The other box contained two books by the French multi artist Jean Cocteau. His Drawings, and Enfant Terrible. Jean Cocteau was artist of the month of January in another online group where I belong.

Books can be read and enjoyed everywhere, in the kitchen when preparing dinner, at the toilet, in bed, in the coach in the family room, in the garden, in the car, on the bus, climbing the stairs, while washing windows, whilc eating, while watching the news......but having my very own room where I can close the door and only invite the books and their people I want to spend time with that moment - it is heaven on earth.

By the way, MY ROOM has a lap top, so please come over for a visit.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home