My Photo
Name:
Location: Norway

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Home fun.

Both girls are ill today. Ingrid has got the flu', Marta woke up with a hurting stomack. So unplanned I got a day home from work, and I am doing the best out of it. There are many things I consider as bests, one of them is knitting.

I have been a knitter almost all my life. Learned knitting and crocketing from my mother and my two grandmothers when I was just a little girl, and have been busy with my needles since then. The last years I am not as busy as I used to be though, too many other things and also stiff shoulders. But I am enjoying my knitting almost daily still, at least a few stiches. And even if my shoulders and upper arms are causing me pains, what is better to display in a cosy livingroom than a basket filled with colourful yarn.

I used to knit sweathers, huge ones for myself and my dh, smaller for the kids. But nowadays I knit mostly socks and wristwarmers. And I have started to knit necklaces :-) It is so much fun to knit small items which can been finished in not too long time. Yes, a necklace can even be finished in one night, and may be sent around the world the next day as an envelope filler for a dear friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home