My Photo
Name:
Location: Norway

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Happy 9th Birthday Marta.

We are having a busy birthday period in our family. Today Marta is 9 years old! A big day for her! I was the first one up this morning. I was so sure that she would be awake before me, but she couldn't sleep last night, was too excited then, and very tired this morning. So she was still fast asleep when I and dh woke her with sweet rolls and burning candles.

A couple of weeks ago I told several of my online friends about Marta's birthday and asked if any of them could do me the great favour and send her a birthday card. She got TONS :-). And she was thrilled opening up all. She did it carefully, not to destroy the envelopes, her smile getting bigger and bigger the more stickers and small treats she found. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. Marta has already started to write a thank you note on the computer which will be printed out and copied and sent out to you all.

She and Terje have gone out skiing now. I decided to stay at home to get some "mother alone time". Not easy to get that in a big and busy family. Later we'll take Marta to see a movie. There will be no celebration with friends and family today, but we are planning two big parties to come.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely that we get to share two birthdays with your children, Britt-Arnhild! I'm delighted that Marta was showered with goodies - just what should happen on a ninth birthday!
And your son's birthday - visits to the Art gallery and then the LIBRARY cafe - sounds more and more delicious! LOVED the quilts on the wall in the photograph.
You all certainly know how to celebrate - what a wonderful family atmosphere emanates from the screen. Thank you for sharing such a special couple of days.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Marta, cute pictures of her, and oh I need a sweet roll now, how good that looked to bite into. Hope her day is wonderful. Nice pic of your son too. No matter the age birthday's are special. Yes my friend "Family is Everything", a common thread of life we share.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home