My Photo
Name:
Location: Norway

Saturday, March 26, 2005

More cabin life.

I am almost always the first one up in the mornings, and so I am today as well. And I want to give you a few more cabin impressions before starting breakfast and heading for church on this festive day when we celebrate that Christ has risen.

We love fishing when we are at the cabin. We have a small rowing boat but seldom use it. Mostly we stand on land to fish in the salt water, or we borrow a pram from a relative on mine. This pram is on a small lake where we love to fish in the summer nights. But this time we stood on land. And got NO fishes. Probably too early in the year? Who knows? Anyway, I always love fishing, and Friday night the weather was quite mild and it was so beautiful to watch the sun go down behind the mountains.

When we came back to the cabin I prepared dinner, no fish, but we had bought two kilos of shrims two days before, so we had a feast. We all love shrims, though the kids think it is almost too much work to have to peal them all before eating :-) We eat them on white bread with majonnaise and lemon. Mm, yummy! And while waiting to becoma hungry enough,lol, Terje and the kids played cards, I sat in my favorite reading chair enjoying Henry James and Roderick Hudson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home